Thursday, September 07, 2006

Opening Day Ramblings

Here are some thoughts on Opening Day 2006.

1. The Dolphins need to run the ball more often, especially because Culpepper is a piece of crap.

2. If Ronnie Brown didn't get two TD's tonight, this post would be a lot more venomous and my team would probably be called I Hate Culpepper.

3. Marty Booker is No. 86. My bad, Combs and Sanchez.

4. I hate Bill Cowher and basically everyone on the Steelers, except Travis Kirschke and Heath Miller. And I only like Miller because we share the same last name, and because I like Heath bars.

5. I hate the fact that we'll have to listen to retarded Steeler fans talk about their supposed dynasty for 11 more days.

6. Since my current favorite player decided to get shot by police three times last week, my new favorite player is Wes Welker. The odds of him getting shot by police? About the same odds as me picking up Aaron Brooks.

7. 1540AM does not come in on my car stereo. Awesome.

8. Combs is pretty happy with Randy McMichael right now. One catch, 15 yards. He had a chance to get about 40 yards, but a penalty and a dropped ball helped him look like crap.

9. Pretty normal move by Frank tonight giving some old lady a cinnamon knot. I still don't know why he did it, or why the lady actually ate it.

10. And finally, congrats to Barber for the birth of his son, Christian James Barber. Let me be the only one on here that doesn't make fun of him on the biggest day of his life. Here, here.

8 Comments:

At 8:45 AM, Blogger Anaheim RaiderHater said...

Sorry, but one of the few teams I hate more than the Steelers are the Dolphins. Yeck.

 
At 10:48 AM, Blogger dil8d halo said...

Culpepper is back to his old self, two int's! So much for his "turn around" season. Anyway, good post Brian.

Here are my picks for the weekend. I actually had the Steelers to win...

Steelers def. Dolphins
Broncos def. Rams
Titans def. Jets
Falcons def. Panthers
Bengals def. Chiefs
Seahawks def. Lions
Eagles def. Texans
Browns def. Saints
Bucs def. Ravens
Bears def. Packers
Cowboys def. Jaguars
Peyton def. Eli
Redskins def. Vikings
Chargers def. Raiders

And my upset of the week:

49ers def. Cardinals!

 
At 10:51 AM, Blogger dil8d halo said...

I forgot my most important pick! Patriots def. Bills.

I have $50 and potentially $4,050.00 riding on this thing.

Sheesh!!!

 
At 12:33 PM, Blogger dil8d halo said...

Hey B, did you know that the owner of your beloved Cleveland Browns, Randy Lerner, is now the owner of Aston Villa Football Club in England? Though they do not have a formal nickname (like the Browns) they are awesomely referred to as "the Villains."

 
At 1:05 PM, Blogger WiseAndEck said...

So I assume the Villains suck then? Cause that would only be fair.

 
At 1:16 PM, Blogger WiseAndEck said...

I will be posting my football picks as well in a new entry coming soon. Jason, if you want to add yours as well, that would be cool. That way we could have Contributor Picks or something like that.

 
At 2:11 PM, Blogger dil8d halo said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 2:12 PM, Blogger dil8d halo said...

Oooo, contributor picks. I like that. We could go head-to-head-to-head every week, see who has a better win % or something. By the way, the villains aren't doing too bad so far with 2 wins and a draw in their 1st 3 games. they beat my faveorite team, New Castle United, 2-0 last week.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home