Wednesday, November 01, 2006

"Apathy is not something I care about one way or the other."



“Election Day “ looms less than a week away. And yet, I am finally coming to terms with the world’s animosity toward me. If Jeff Weaver can turn his life around and poke Angels’ fans with a World Series-clinching victory, then I can turn my back on the “democratic” process and say I have better things to do with my life. And perhaps I will. But why can’t I stay away? Why do I feel compelled by the all-too-human display of hapless folks trying desperately to “make a difference?”

Well, firstly as evidenced by the paragraph above, when one senses the need to use quotation marks every other sentence to qualify the terms we use to describe this charade, one expects to be rewarded with return trips to the source. If nothing else, let us be entertained! What can be more amusing? And it’s all very well until it affects you. And this happens the moment the cock crows the next morning. Feeling the boot on the face is a sure way to motivate oneself to want to fight the good fight. But alas, what to do? Gee, I guess I’ll vote. So vote then. I could be wrong.

But as for me, I’m here for the beer, steer and cheer.



5 Comments:

At 10:49 AM, Blogger dil8d halo said...

I have no political efficacy, so therefore I will not vote.

 
At 11:46 AM, Blogger MLD said...

Political efficacy or not, we have to take up the means that God has given. As Christians we have a duty to vote.

 
At 12:11 PM, Blogger Anaheim RaiderHater said...

"we have a duty to vote." This is one interpretation, yes. And perhaps we do. But have we not been given more effective means?

I'll be sure my next post is about baseball.

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger dil8d halo said...

Well, I voted anyway. For the first time since 2000 mind you. I realize now that I voted for the wrong guy for Governor. I shouldv'e taken the American Independant guy, but I went Libertarian, which was still somewhat conservative...

 
At 10:04 PM, Blogger WiseAndEck said...

I voted, I got a sticker, I ate Spaghetti Factory afterward.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home