Monday, February 26, 2007

Got Wood?


Minor League short stop Brandon Wood will be moved over to third base for Spring Training, according to an article on the Quakes website. Chocha is hoping to add him to the big club to utilize his massive bat and perhaps nail down the starting job at third. Which brings to me to say this again: JR is a bust and the Angels just need to their losses with him.

If he did win the starting spot, though, I would be amazed. I mean, how many rookie types have had to change positions in the IN FIELD to win the starting job and were successful? I wish him all the luck though, because, hey, the Angels need some pop from that plate!

1 Comments:

At 11:08 AM, Blogger Anaheim RaiderHater said...

Wood is a fine talent, and I wouldn't have much concern in his moving from short to third. I just hope the brass don't rush him, which temptation will be strong considering Trainwreck is slated to be our Opening Day starter. Ugh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home