Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Your 2007 Opening Day Angels

Pitchers and catchers arrive in Tempe a week from tomorrow, and I'm itchin' to write something. I figured I would do a little roster prediction and see how close I am when April 2 rolls around.

Projected Lineup
1. Fignuts / 3B
2. Cabfare for Cutie / SS
3. Vlad / RF
4. Night Train / LF
5. GMJ / CF
6. Kenny Howdrick / 2B
7. Che Hillenbrand / DH
8. Mo'Napoli / C
9. Baby Face / 1B

The Bench
Captain Murphy
Mice Hair
Alex Morales
JoMo

Starting Rotation
1. Lackness Monster
2. Magic
3. Lambo
4. The Good Weaver
5. Barry Saunders
*Barcholo on the DL

The 'Pen
Cousin Oliver
Chris Poser
Hector Fiasco
Just Inspire
Doug E. Fresh
Frod

Not bad, but those bats don't scare me too much.

5 Comments:

At 2:50 PM, Blogger Anaheim RaiderHater said...

Until he begins playing like he used to, shall we use "S&S" for GA?

 
At 2:57 PM, Blogger dil8d halo said...

You're right about the bats. There is a lot of potential power, but I'm affraid the only real power will come from Vlad. Che, GMJ, and Sit'n Sleep don't seem to be the kind to be busting homers and driving in runs consistantly. Sheesh. I already sound pessistic. Rotation's good though. I don't see us giving up huge amounts of runs.

 
At 2:59 PM, Blogger WiseAndEck said...

Whoops. S&S for sure. I'll change that later.

Still looking for nicknames for Morales, Matthews and Darren Oliver, although I kind of like Cousin Oliver. And if anyone gets that reference, you're a big dork like me!

 
At 3:50 PM, Blogger girlinthegroup said...

All this talk is getting me very excited for spring training. Can't wait for it to get here.....sunshine, games, dogs, drinks, dinners, and the "boys"

 
At 3:51 PM, Blogger girlinthegroup said...

All this talk is getting me very excited for spring training. Can't wait for it to get here.....sunshine, games, dogs, drinks, dinners, and the "boys"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home