Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Worthy Thoughts About Worthless Angels

I thought I'd start a new feature on this blog, where I talk about an Angel from years' past. Most of these will be completely obscure and useless players, which makes you go, "Wow, I haven't thought of that guy in years!" I think it will be fun to reminisce a bit. Some days I'll go into long, droning diatribes about a player and on others, maybe just a photo.

I'm still trying to come up with a name for this experiment, so if you have any ideas, let me know. In the meantime, I'm going with Random Angel of the Day.


The inaugural member of this series is Sweet Lou Merloni Bologna. I think we spent more time coming up with a nickname than Lou did actually playing with the Angels. He appeared in 5 games in 2005, had 5 at-bats, and had no hits. Splendid!

Merloni recently signed a minor-league contract with the gA's, where he'll undoubtedly do nothing.

4 Comments:

At 5:49 PM, Blogger dil8d halo said...

Ah yes, Sweet Lou. What a waste of a contract he was. And for the naming of this bit how about "These guys were Angels?" or something like that perhaps...

 
At 10:20 AM, Blogger Anaheim RaiderHater said...

How about "Worthy thoughts about worthless players."

 
At 12:55 PM, Blogger dil8d halo said...

Haha, that's a good name for it! Hey 'hater, where is your next post by the way...?

 
At 2:32 PM, Blogger WiseAndEck said...

Haha, I love both of those. I'm going to tweak it just a bit.

Thanks for the suggestions!

And yes, I'm salivating over a Jimmie Foxx post, 'Hater.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home