Wednesday, January 17, 2007

the baseball diaries


"A better world we go to.
Those in time, time times two..."

Yes kids, the cool cat himself, Frankie Rodriguez, signed a one year, $7 million extension with the Angels to avoid arbitration. Frod had a league leading 47 saves last season coupled with a low 1.73 ERA, walking 28 and striking out 98. Yes, I know it sounds like big time money, but hey, I'll take this guy on my team any day! He is awesome without a doubt!

Scot - Doug E Fresh - Shields and Babyface also received contract extensions for one year with One T getting $3.4 million and B'Face cashing in $1.85 million. I for one am glad to see both of these blokes coming back for one more season and hope that Shields fixes whatever ailed him in the season past when he would blow games in massive losses of composure. As for Babyface, he in my humble opinion, is a good bench guy and was pretty clutch when called upon. He'll never have an outrageously productive year, but he plugs away and can fill in at 1st or 3rd with halfway decent defense. Here's to an awesome season!

dil8d halo

"Stars above, stars below.
And what is man...?" -- the Ocean Blue

3 Comments:

At 11:23 AM, Blogger kathy said...

I know you guys love the Frankster. Personally, he totally bugs me and most of the time gives me heart failure before he "saves" the game. I know his numbers are good, but 7 million for one year??? WOW!!!!!

 
At 1:16 PM, Blogger WiseAndEck said...

Kathy, are you kidding me right now????? You hate him for what reason exactly? He is the best closer in the game, bar none. He makes you nervous sometimes? What closer doesn't??

And $7 million a year is nothing, compared to what lesser players are getting.

As for Baby Face, he's the poor man's Che Hillenbrand. Too bad we have both.

And we all know my feelings on Shields. Best setup man in baseball.

 
At 1:41 PM, Blogger dil8d halo said...

And we all know that Babyface will see hardly any playing time because of Che, which now makes me wonder why they re-signed him. It's just now hitting me that we may be in trouble this year. I'm betting Spring Training will bring hope...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home