Tuesday, March 20, 2007

the baseball diaries *spring training edition*


That was awesome!


After a year away, this was the best time I've had at Angels Spring Training. The food, the sights, the sounds, the girls. It was great! A couple Angels that stood out to me so far were Fignuts, Kenny Howdrick, and His Lackness. Both had great games on Sunday; Lackey looked sharp on the mound, Fignuts was great at 3rd, and Howie was awesome at the plate.


Besides the baseball action, just the whole atmosphere was great this year. Lots of families, lots of opportunities to get minor league autographs because of the way the facilities are set up. We even got Ryne Sandberg's autograph! Did I mention the food? I can only wish Angels Stadium brings on half of what was available: Philly cheesesteaks, all kinds of sausages, italian ice, there was even a gyros joint at the Mariner facility.


I seriously can't wait for the season to start. Can't wait to "Turn on the TV, and turn down my pulse."


dil8d halo

5 Comments:

At 11:28 AM, Blogger Anaheim RaiderHater said...

The Big Club ought to step it up with the food offerings.

You met the Man, eh? Very nice. I hope he was gracious toward you. I should have been there.

 
At 1:53 PM, Blogger WiseAndEck said...

I am going to do a ST write-up as well, and I think Chris and Kathy should do the same. My favorite part of the trip?

"I had a doll named Dana from Santa Ana
she was a waitress at the Copa Cabanna
she was slammin' and her ass was jammin'
like Janet Jackson in the Rhythm Nation."

 
At 2:16 PM, Blogger dil8d halo said...

"One, two, three, four
get your booty on the dance floor
work it out, shake it little momma
let me see you do the Jane Fonda
five, six, seven, now
if you don't know, let me show you how
to work it out, work it little momma
I know you wanna do the Jane Fonda"

 
At 2:17 PM, Blogger dil8d halo said...

HAHAHA!!!! That was freakin' funny B!

 
At 2:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad all the Angels looked good, really I am...

But I'm warning you that the M's are a team to be reckoned with. Just wait. Call me a homer. But Guillen will be better this year and Ibanez is a stud. Pitching is not horrible. Just wait. Could be interesting til August.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home