Wednesday, August 01, 2007

the baseball diaries

"Took a plane across the world, got in a car.
When I reached my destination, I hadn't gone far..."


And you all thought I went away, tail tucked between my legs. HA! It takes more than a massive slump to keep me from this. An act of God perhaps, but slumps be damned!

Yes, we all know that the Angels enjoyed an awesome June then ran headlong into a drag of a July. They went 12-12, barely salvaging a .500 record by sweeping le Tigre (scoring double digits in each game!) and splitting the first two games in Seattle to close out the month. Over the last six games though, the Angels have showed some major pop(!) not to mention some awesome pitching in Escobar and Lackness. 20 game winners both? I certainly hope so!!

In last night's game Gary Matthews Juicer responded to rants and, temporarily, quieted the critics as he blasted two homers, doubled twice, and logged 3 ribeyes. Mice Hair and Cab Fare also homered in a game that saw His Lackness shut down Seattle's offense in a complete game shutout! Angels won 8-0!!!!

Tonight should be another thriller as Weave it to Beaver faces Felix Hernandez.

As we embark on a new month, the dog days of summer if you will, I have confidence in the Angels finding their way through stretches of games that will bring tough opposition and seeing themselves through into the playoffs. I won't have it any other way.

"...pull it all down and start again, from the top to the bottom and then,
I'll have faith or, I prefer, to think that things couldn't turn out worse..." -- Depeche Mode

8 Comments:

At 12:13 PM, Blogger Anaheim RaiderHater said...

The diaries!? The news of their demise was already imagined by the best of us and feared by the worst of us. But it is not so. Slumps be damned!

When Izturis is hitting 'em out, we know it's time for a new winning streak.

 
At 1:13 PM, Blogger Grandpa & Kaffy said...

The Dil8d Halo??? Welcome Back!
I have missed you and the whimiscal way you break up the work day. I say we start planning the playoff "parties"

 
At 1:15 PM, Blogger girlinthegroup said...

OOPS!!! guess I should have used this sign on, not the one for Logan's Science Blog

 
At 11:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amazing game right now between your Angels and my Mariners. Can't believe Putz blew it against Matthews Juicer. Bottom 12 right now. Ms gonna take it. Go Seattle! 1995 repeat anyone?

 
At 10:34 AM, Blogger dil8d halo said...

Dang it!!!!! That sucked! The Patsies by the Port got lucky on that one. Angels did an awesome job of coming back though. Hey, never count us out! We'll get you next time!!!

 
At 10:34 AM, Blogger Anaheim RaiderHater said...

The Angels really blew it last night. How many hits did the Mariners have on 0-2 or 1-2 counts against Fresh and Rodriguez? Aargh! But this must warm the heart of "Anonymous." Is he for real? Does someone actually read the blog? I don't believe it. I think it's Mr. Z monkeying around.

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger WiseAndEck said...

I think that's my cousin Brady. I don't think we have actual outsiders reading this blog.

Great comeback last night and horrible clutch hitting in extra innings.

And can someone please tell me why Chocha decided to pinch hit with Haynes Her Way????? We all knew he was going to strike out. Let Key-Len bat, have him hit fly ball and be done with it.

Argh.

 
At 11:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah Brian its me. Just throwing a little controversey out there. Great game last night. I was flipping out when Putz let Matthews homer. Also, I felt there was no way Morrow would get out of it, but ur right in that Scoscia should not have pinch hit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home