Wednesday, August 08, 2007

the baseball diaries

I certainly hope that yesterday was not the day that baseball died...





On a happier note, this man was awesome last night:



I mean, he not only belted his 14th homer, but made a spectacular catch, running back and leaping high over the center field wall to rob Coco Crispies of a homer. Strong defense and some awesome offence backed up by solid pitching from Barry Saunders lead the Angels to a 10-4 rout of the Red Sux. Monday night, the Angels got clutch hitting from Mice Hair to win that contest 4-2 on yet another great outing from Weave it to Beaver.

This is awesome to see because the Angels usually crumble vs. Boston. Tonight is the series finale with Suga'Shane Moseley facing a Jester, or something...

Meet me at the Regal Beagle...

dil8d halo

3 Comments:

At 9:32 AM, Blogger WiseAndEck said...

Haha, Weave it to Beaver? Love it.

GM Juicer was awesome last night, as was the majority of the team, including Fat Tire.

I'm actually surprised that Barry did as decent as he did. Normally the Sux destroy soft-tossing lefties. Which is why I can't imagine Moseley having the same luck tonight. Boston is going to break out at some point. Let's hope the Angels can keep up.

I watched Barry Bonds' son jump for joy as his dad rounded the bases and I couldn't help but think "this guy is going to be a huge A-hole in about 4 minutes."

 
At 1:08 PM, Blogger Anaheim RaiderHater said...

I hate the Red Sox, I do, I do, I do. I really hate them. And what's more, I hate the Red Sox too.

How sweet it would be to finish this sweep. It's true, they usually fold versus the BoSux, so a sweep would be dandy. Especially because I also can't stand the Red Sox.

 
At 1:34 PM, Blogger WiseAndEck said...

I hate the Red Sox so much, I'll stand up and cheer when the Yankees win the AL East.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home