Wednesday, August 15, 2007

the baseball diaries



"There is a wind, that blows in the northern sky, holdin’ me back, no matter how hard I try..."


These have been some crazy days!!


After sweeping the twinkies, the Angels went to Canada for visit to the Blue Jays. Well, unfortunately, they ran into some great pitching from Roy Halladay and made some ugly fielding mistakes that contributed to their 4-1 loss. After scoring in the 1st, Barry Saunders did his best to keep the Angels in it, but errors by Gaybar and Mathis lead to runs that could not be overcome. Well, at least tonight we'll see Suga'Shane vs. Marcum and hopefully a win, to continue the Angels "hotness" of late.

Let's face it, the Angels are playing some exciting baseball right now but have a tough stretch ahead. Two more games (including tonight's) in Canada, then three at Fenway, back home for three with the Yank, three with Toronto, and three with Seattle. No days off. This can define the rest of the season and shape their playoff picture if they don't crumble. Tense but worth the excitement!!!

dil8d halo


"If I had the sense, I'd leave here tomorrow. I wouldn't even bother To say goodbye." -- Electronic

3 Comments:

At 2:17 PM, Blogger WiseAndEck said...

I turn on the radio at 4:30. It's 4-1, Jays. I get home, water the lawn, give the baby a bottle, throw a little laundry in the washing machine, turn on the TV and it's the bottom of the 9th. I'm actually glad because from what I read, that game was pathetic. Although I did see Gaybar's throw to first the Manute Bol wouldn't have caught.

Johnny Rivers in Rancho this week. Too bad the Quakes are out of town. I did see Howie on Sunday and he looked pretty good. Comparing the sound the ball makes off his bat with others', you can tell he's a major leaguer.

 
At 2:28 PM, Blogger WiseAndEck said...

BTW, I read a story about Cousin Oliver and I didn't realize he has a 2.41 ERA since I don't know when. Maybe we should cut him some slack. Or not.

 
At 2:41 PM, Blogger dil8d halo said...

Yeah, at least the game was over quickly...

Johnny Rivers coming back is a great thing, though I hope it doesn't take him half the season to get hot, because we don't have time for that!

Cousin Oliver's era is this low? Hmm, has there been a long string of games he's come into that he hasn't sucked in and we just didn't notice? Whaaaaa?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home