Tuesday, August 21, 2007

the baseball diaries

"My life's deteriorating at a quarter to eight, because i wrote myself a letter and I mailed it too late..."





10-4 GOOD BUDDE!!!

How awesome was that?! Ryan Budde, a bloke we used to watch at Rancho just two years ago, get his first Major League rbi as a walk-off winner vs. the Yank! Incredible. It was a rough game however, with the Angels taking a 3-1 lead in the 2nd. They gave it away unfortunately with Posada's 4th inning rbi ground out and gA-Rod's 6th inning two-run shot. The Angels fought back in 7th to regain the lead on some clever hitting by Kenny Howdrick, Reggie and the full effect, Fignuts, and Cab Fare. Which was given right back in the next frame as Justin's Pyre was looming large. Knotted up at 6-6 in the 10th, Ryan Budde cranked a double to right-center with one out and Howdrick crossed the plate to win it!!

It's official: Cousin Oliver is the Angels best reliever. Scary stuff.

Most of this game took place as I was on the phone (while behind the wheel and then on my couch) with my brother Ted. He is a Yank fan who lives in New Jersey. I was impressed at his knowledge of Angel-ball (style and tactics), how he knew what the Angels would do to try to win the game. I think since the Angels have owned the Yank from the beginning of the Torre era, and especially after the 2002 playoff upset, many NY fear and loath the Angels, but can't help trying to figure them out. Fruitlessly. He also said A-Rod lacks character and looks like he wears pink lip gloss in most interviews. I agree.

Tonight the fight continues with this awesome battle: Lambo vs. Mussina. One for the ages!

dil8d halo




"I got a knock on the door, I got a nail on the floor, I got a nail in my head, but it don't hurt me no more." -- Electronic

4 Comments:

At 12:15 PM, Blogger Anaheim RaiderHater said...

Torre himself fears and loathes the Angels more than all the rest. The shots of him on the bench in his dark corner of the dugout watching the Angels fight to victory are enough for me. The poor man does not know how, but he's sure the Angels give him his ulcurs.

Didn't I predict Oliver would be grand? Didn't I? I'm sure I did.

Willits looks as desperate as S&S at the plate these days. I hope he breaks out soon. Trainwreck may be finally slowing down and we need him to pick it up.

I will refer to A-Rod as "Pink Lip" from now on.

 
At 12:43 PM, Blogger WiseAndEck said...

If the Angels would have lost last night, this post would not be so "nice."

First off, can we agree that Chocha is an idiot? Sugar Shane threw 72 pitches in 5 innings. So what does Mike S. do? He brings in Fat Tire who fizzles out. How is Bootcheck better than Moseley at this point?? It's ridiculous.

And can we get someone in the bullpen that can hold a lead???? Someone call Pep Harris. He's needed. Now.

But despite all this, the Angels didn't quit. It was great to see Budde Ol' Pal come through with the winner. He has been overmatched in his brief stint with the big club.

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger Anaheim RaiderHater said...

Coach S? Agreed.

 
At 1:40 PM, Blogger dil8d halo said...

Chocha is an IDIOT (oh wait, don't let Stephen Smith see us bashing an Angel...)! 5.0 innings, 6 hits, 2 earned runs, 0 walks, 4 k's, 72 pitches. That type of performance apparently gets you the bench in Chocha's book. Suga'Shane posts an awesome outing yet Fat Tire gets sent in only to blow the lead. Is this really happening on a Major League team? This wouldn't even happen in little league...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home